Something That We Do

Love is something that we do!

9.08.2010

Thank you!

Thank you all for your help with my missing comments button! It was a silly error on my part but I am glad to have it resolved.

So, here's a semi-funny story. Or, maybe it's more awkward than anything. I'll let you decide.

I switched bus routes this morning due to my issue described here.  So, I get on the new bus, and I'm on only one on it.  That's a first for me, but it was okay.  Being the semi-paranoid (or safety conscious) person that I am, it occurred to me that if the bus driver knew that I hadn't ever been on this route before, he could drive off to no-man's land and it might take me a couple of miles to realize he's not going where I need him to.  I told myself I was being overly "concerned" and that the bus driver is in fact not out to get me, and I decided to just sit back and enjoy my coffee.  Then, he turned and asked me this.  

"Have you ever ridden this bus before?"

I wanted to say "Oh yeah, all the time.... I'll know if you take a wrong turn!  Then I'll know you're trying to kidnap me and I'll jump out the back door!"  But instead, this came out: "Nope."

I realized I was in a position to be taken advantage of, so I got a bit squirmy in my seat.  Then, ya know what he asked me???

"Do you know which way I turn up here?"

Umm... you are a bus driver..... right?  I mean, even if it is his first day, one of the very first things he should make sure he is aware of is his route, no?

"No, I don't.  I'm sorry."  He informed me that he saw a sign saying "No right turn" but there was a median in the road so he couldn't turn left even if he wanted to.  So, we can't go right, can't go left, and can't go straight.  I didn't see this sign he was talking about, but I just sat back and tried to relax.  He then called in to the dispatcher that he didn't know what to do.  I figured at that point I was safe because a kidnapper wouldn't call and ask for directions.  Anyway, turns out, that sign he saw said "No left turn," not "No right turn."

Luckily, after that "hurdle" he knew the bus route.

Maybe I found this interesting because I hadn't had my coffee yet.  Or, maybe I just find too many little circumstances "interesting."  Either way, I'm glad it's all said and done and I can go on about my day.

Have a good one!

3 comments:

Oh my goodness! That is too funny! :) Glad you made it safely!
 
Bus drivers are generally ok. It's the people ON the bus you have to watch out for!
 
For the most part, that's true... but I have to admit I've had some sketchy drivers! But, it's true... my number of sketchy drivers story are far less than sketchy passengers!
 

Post a Comment

Comments