Something That We Do

Love is something that we do!

9.06.2010

My town

Many of you have probably not heard about my little town in the news lately. I'm quite ashamed of how it's made the international headlines, but I'll go ahead and tell you anyway.

There's a "church" in my town, called the Dove World Outreach Center. This "church" has been denouncing Islam for the past year and a half, and recently decided to host a "Burn The Koran" party on September 11. Because of this, the pastor of this "church" has had several death threats, and there have been terrorist threats (I've heard) as well. Seriously.

I have not read too much on the issue because it saddens me deeply to think that a so-called church would participate in such actions. We, as Christians, are called to love others as Christ loved us. In my honest opinion, the burning of another religion's holy book is not expressing love. I don't want to get too political here, so I'm going to leave it at that. I just wish that my town wasn't being represented in such a negative light. Hubby even sent me a news article from Fox News. I copied the whole email on here so you can see it. I'll admit, I'm slightly bragging here. Here it goes:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/09/06/petraeus-warns-churchs-koran-burning/

Love you madly,
Your Hubby

.... watch out for a kiss...


As we sat about 4 feet apart, and the normal ever-so-calm hubby kept asking me if I received his email yet, I kept telling him "Not yet." Then my computer chimed in an email notification and hubby jumped out of his chair, ran over to me and gave me a big wet kiss on the cheek! I didn't even have time to watch out for that kiss! I was ambushed! He's so stinkin' cute.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments