Something That We Do

Love is something that we do!

9.17.2010

"Okay!"

Little Miss Georgia (my cousin's daughter) is in town visiting us again, and she is just getting cuter and cuter!  She is so much fun at this age.  She will be a big two year old in December!  Man, how time flies.  Every time I see her I am more amazed at how much she talks, and how well behaved she is.  She greets Belle so softly and gently, I never worry about her yanking Belle's ears or tail.  She even leans in to kiss Belle on the nose and Belle politely cooperates, normally even offering a kiss in return.

From Something That We Do

Yesterday, when I was with Georgia, I was sharing some french fries with her.  She then got the idea to sneak one to Belle, and boy was Belle happy with that!  Georgia laughed so hard!  I told her we don't give french fries to the puppy dog, and Georgia said, "Okay punkin!"  (My mom always calls her punkin!)

She also does this HILARIOUS thing where she says something in the form of a question, like "Shoes off?"  And it will always, without fail, make you respond with a question.   "Do you want to take your shoes off?"  (Like it's your idea, not hers.)  Then, she gets a big smile, and says "Okay!"  Like she's agreeing with YOU!  I had a little talk with her yesterday and told her that if she can keep up that mindset till she's in the corporate world, her boss will love her because he will think HE has all the ideas, when they are actually her ideas.

I spoke to my dad this morning, who was helping watch Georgia. It was supposedly Georgia's naptime, so I asked how things were going.  "Well, your mom was laying down with Georgia to put her to sleep, and I just checked in on them.  Your mom was sound asleep while Georgia was laying there wide awake."  So, my dad brought Georgia out of the bedroom and let my mom snooze.  On the phone, I heard Georgia say, "Hold penny?"  My dad said, "Do you want me to hold the penny?"  And what did Georgia say??  "Okay!" with a big smile.  What else would she have said?  Haha!

My mom has also been teaching Georgia who loves her.  My mom started with her brother, who is Georgia's Poppa.  She taught Georgia to say "Poppa loves Georgia!"  After this sentence was mastered, my mom moved on to everyone else in the family.  She said, "Nana loves Georgia!" "Mommy, Daddy, Uncle Harry," and everyone else.  Then, my mom said, "Aunt Lindsey loves Georgia" and Georgia said, "Yeah.  Uncle Carl loves Georgia!"  Isn't that amazing?  She associated me and my husband, even though he wasn't mentioned!  I thought that was just too cool.  Little brains amaze me more often than not.

I'm gonna leave you with a video of Georgia when she came to visit me about two months ago.  Make sure to listen to the last few seconds to hear Georgia say, "Poppa loves Georgia!"  I'll try to get some video of her on this trip as well.  Maybe I can get the Gator chomp (Go Gators!) on video.  We'll see!
I hope you have a terrific weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments