Something That We Do

Love is something that we do!

6.21.2011

2 Years

Carl and I celebrated our two year anniversary this year.  It's so hard to believe it's already been two years!  (Might I add they were the most fun two years, ever?)
They say the first few years of a marriage are the hardest, so if that's what ours was, well the next several must be nothing short of amazing.
Since we would be apart of our actual anniversary, we decided to celebrate on the Friday night that Carl was in Gainesville.
Carl took me to one of our favorite restaurants, Ichiban.
Ichiban is a sushi restaurant, but it's a special place for us simply because we used to meet there when we first started dating.  I would take lunch breaks from my job and meet Carl at the restaurant.  On Tuesday and Thursday nights, when Carl used to work late, I would meet him there for supper.  It was our go-to place.  The waiters would all recognize us, the owners were familiar with us, it was just a great place to visit.

We enjoyed Ichiban at a new location that was recently opened, downtown Gainesville.  It was just as delicious as the 43rd Street location. 
Once we finished, we decided to walk around downtown a little bit.  We started heading for the car, and Carl stopped me, saying "Hey, let's go to Starbucks."
When we were dating, and even while we've been married, we've ended many a date night at Starbucks sipping Frappucinos and playing chess.  We started walking toward Starbucks and I could smell the coffee as we were getting closer.  Just as I was telling Carl how good the coffee smelled, I was heading for the door, and he decided to pull me away toward the Hippodrome. 
By golly, this man had bought us tickets to a play!  Wow!  He completely surprised me!  Neither of us had ever been to a play in the Hipp so we were both excited.  We watched Suds, a funny musical.  We had such a great time together.  Carl always surprises me, you'd think I would learn to expect this royal treatment that he always endows me with.  He treats me like a princess, and then some.  Forgive me for bragging a little bit, I just love this guy so stinkin' much!
IMG_0473
Our night was wonderful.  After being apart for a month, it was so nice having a night of Carl all to myself.  No worrying about customers, no responsibilities (Carl's parents were keeping Austin and my parents were keeping Belle).  We just enjoyed each other's company without any worries.
We got in the car to head home, and low and behold, my sense of direction was once again messed up in downtown Gainesville.  I don't know why, but I never seem to have my bearings when I'm downtown.  Oh well, good thing Carl was driving.  All of the sudden, he started slowing down.  I chuckled to myself thinking "I knew we were going the wrong way!"  I had better bearings than I thought.  He pulled into a little driveway, and I was prepared to help him turn around in this busy area of Gainesville. 
I was preparing to point out a place where he could turn around, but I figured I should just keep my mouth shut.  Then, his bright lights when on.  He appeared to be looking for something.  There were parking signs in front of us, that directed, "Parking for Cornelia Room" and "Parking for Tea Rose Room."  What on earth? 
We "just so happened" to be at the Sweetwater Branch Inn, a Gainesville bed and breakfast. 
No. way.  There was just no way he could get us a room here without me knowing about it.
Well, guess what.  The man outdid himself, once again.  I gave him a confused look and he was beaming from ear to ear.  Why yes, my dear, you DID surprise and astound me.
We made our way into the quaint little bed and breakfast and ooh'd and awe'd at the Victorian decor.  It was gorgeous.
IMG_0475 IMG_0470 IMG_0469 IMG_0472





Isn't it lovely?
Then, to top things off, he sent me flowers on the day of our actual anniversary.
You spoil me, honey.
But I'm not complaining.  ;)
What an amazing two year anniversary.
Thank you my love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments