Something That We Do

Love is something that we do!

9.11.2010

Where were you?

"Where were you when the world stopped turning that September day?"  That Alan Jackson song really hits me when I hear it.  Of course, I remember where I was.  I was back in high school.  The world trade center and the twin towers were things I had heard about in history books, not in "real life."  I'll admit, in the first few hours, I didn't even realize the severity of this incident.

I had always been a Christian, but my religion came to me in a new light, so to speak.  I felt that Jesus was closer than He ever had been.  I remember one of the following mornings, I was on the bus on my way to school.  Normally I leaned my head against the seat and tried to keep the sun out of my eyes.  Not this morning though.  "God, your sunrise is beautiful.  Thank you for showing it to me today."  I continued my prayer asking for help for all those hurt, and those with loved ones lost.  


It's so hard to believe that today is the 9th anniversary of those terrible attacks.  9 years have flown by, or dragged on, depending on what's happening in your life.  For me, a lot has changed in 9 years.  There are two positive changes that I would like make mention of.  


One, in 2007, I was baptized into Christ and never looked back.  I had always been a Christian, praying and talking to God since I was a wee little one.  But in 2007, my belief became more than a vague relationship.  I recall the bible turning from a muddle of confusion to actual words that had actual meanings.  I recall the black and white world I was living in opening up to a beautiful world full of color.  There was no longer a haze in front of my eyes, and I could truly feel God.  What an amazing feeling.  I was baptized on my birthday that year, making it the day I was born in all senses of the word.  Also in 2007, I met my wonderful husband.  We were friends for a few months before I just couldn't hide my feelings for him any longer.  We did nightly bible studies together before we parted ways.  In 2009 we joined together in marriage and continued to study the Word together.


Today is the 9th anniversary of the terrible attack on our country.  I am flying my flag, and I am praying for those who lost their loved ones, as I'm sure many will be doing today.  

1 comments:

Great post Lindsey. I can't believe it's been 9 years. Very sobering.
 

Post a Comment

Comments