Something That We Do

Love is something that we do!

9.06.2010

Canada?

Thank you Bill and Shannon for hosting a fantastic BBQ today! The food was deeeeeelish!

So, this whole blogging thing.... I had thought no one was reading my blog, but I found out I can check my stats, and wouldn't you know it I have several views! Wow! Hi, whoever you are. My computer tells me you are Canadian. That's cool. I'm half Canadian, ya know. ;) Anyway, now that I know it's not just a journaling outlet for me, I plan on writing a little more. I read Whitney's post from The Glamorous Life of a Housewife and I decided to do that same survey. I hope you enjoy it! :)

1. If you could have any superpower what would you have? Why?
This one is really difficult! A super power? Hmm.... this may not sound like a "super power" but I've always enjoyed studying body language, so I think it would be cool to have the abilities of Cal Lightman on "Lie To Me" and know, at any given moment, exactly how someone is feeling. Although, that may be depressing to know people so well. So, for a super power, I'd have to say, no sleep. I wish I could stay awake 24/7 and not ever need sleep! I could get SO much more done that way!


2. Who is your style icon?
Umm...I don't have an "icon." I just wear what I see in the stores that I like. I tend to go for more timeless clothing than "trendy."

3. What is your favorite quote?
A quote? Well... I like the Life is Good motto: Do what you like, like what you do. But as for a quote I really like Proverbs 3:5-6. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." It's just so true.

4. What is the best compliment you've ever received?
I've just gotta agree with Whitney from The Glamorous Life of a Housewife here! Here's what she said: "Any compliment thrown my way regarding my role as a wife and a mom. NOTHING gives me greater joy than those words of encouragement and affirmation."

You know, I always hear about how the first year of marriage is the hardest. Our first year was a piece of cake to me. Maybe that's because so many people warned me about how hard it would be. My dear hubby and I are closer than ever, and we are growing closer on a daily basis. That being said, hearing that I'm doing a good job from people who mean a lot to me, still really gives me a great sense of accomplishment.


5. What playlist/cd is your CD player/iPod right now?
I actually have my ipod on shuffle right now. I don't like to listen to whole albums at a time anymore! In my CD player, I have a CD of various artists. They are mostly songs of praise.

6. Are you a night owl or a morning person?
These days..... neither. I've NEVER been a morning person (I can't ever imagine becoming one, although I would like to!) and I USED to be a night person. Lately, school has taken the life outta me so I try my best to hit the sack by 10:30, especially on weeknights.

7. Do you prefer cats or dogs?
Dogs, hands down. Cats are too finicky for my liking.

8. What is the meaning behind your blog name?
"Something That We Do" was a song that was sung at our wedding. The premise of the song is that love isn't something that we're in, it's something that we do. And I think that's very true, so that's why my blog is called "Something That We Do!"

I'd love to hear any of your survey answers as well!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments