Something That We Do

Love is something that we do!

8.31.2010

I'm back!

Hey everyone, sorry for being away for so long! School is intense this semester, so my blogging might cut down a little bit. But, it's a great outlet for me, so I certainly hope that doesn't happen too much!

My first week of classes has been pretty great....except for my blasted 7:25-making-me-leave-the-house-at-6:30-class.......grrrrr. I don't like leaving when it's dark outside, and if that's not bad enough, I have to walk to a bus stop that backs up to some thick woods that some mugger (or worse) could pop out of! After explaining my fears about being mugged (or worse) to my hubby, we decided it would be best for me to pay $60 and get a parking pass. That'll make it easier, for sure. Anyway, back to my classes...

Audiologic rehabilitation seems pretty boring so far, but that's okay. Boring equals easy, and easy equals an A. TV and American Society is pretty fun. I sometimes almost nod off in there, though. But the teacher is nice and lively, so my hour in there isn't too too bad. Next comes forensics. Oh my goodness how I love that class. I was nervous to take that class, but it's AWESOME! We're learning all about how to determine the cause of death, and we watched a documentary on the LA Coroner's Office! We watched autopsies! This sounds really disgusting, but it was actually pretty interesting. Don't judge me. After that class, I travel down the hill and across campus to Acoustics. All I can say about that class is oh shoot. Not gonna be a cake walk, that's for sure. I might end up enlisting the help of me and hubby's friend, Matt...who actually enjoys the subject! My last class of the day would be boring, if it weren't for my awesome teacher. She's a graduate student and she makes things really fun for us! She shows us youtube videos, and the way she teaches is just all around kind of quirky, making her funny for a 5:00 class. And of course, I have my online class, Diseases of Eating. Not too sure about this one yet. Trying really hard to give it the benefit of the doubt. Buuuuut....... I've taken three online, open-note, open-lecture, open-everything quizzes, and to be safe and to ensure an A, I have looked up EVERY SINGLE answer. Once I heard it in a lecture, or saw it in writing, I clicked the choice. And yet, I haven't made about a 90. Huh? So, I'd like to ask my teacher to let me review the quizzes but that is "strictly prohibited." Great. We'll see how that turns out.

On the positive side, guess what I did last night.

I......

applied.......

for...............

GRADUATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY! FINALLY!

Now, here's where you come in. I need prayers. Lots and lots of prayers. Why? Well, you see, my degree audit (which tells me which classes I still need) says I need 3 more classes, of which I've already taken. The computer will deny me for graduation if these are not corrected, so I emailed my advisor and she said "She'll look into it." (Translation: I'll hear from her in 4 weeks if I email her every other day and call her office every morning begging her to look at my transcripts.)

That's about it though. I just need prayers that I will graduate in December, and to complete this semester with as few gray hairs as possible!