Something That We Do

Love is something that we do!

8.12.2010

Final Decision.

I made a decision.
I WILL: graduate in December.
I WILL: take 18 hours of classes at UF. (UPDATE: it ended up being 19, for the record!)
I WILL: be miserable but only for one semester so I'll be okay...I can do anything for just a semester, right? RIGHT????
....eh, so that last one wasn't so much of a decision as it was a by-product of a decision.

In case you haven't heard the story of how I had to fight to get one of my classes accepted at UF, I'll brief you really fast. Back when my major required foreign language, before our college change, I desperately tried to enroll in American Sign Language. I always wanted to learn it, so I was bound and determined to take this course as my foreign language requirement. Imagine my disappointment when I realized it was next to impossible to get in to Dr. Sign's class. Luckily, there's a college nearby that we are aloud to transfer credits between. So, I gladly took ASL at the other college. When I returned to UF, they said "I'm sorry but you've transferred too many credits. We can't accept Sign Language from another school." I didn't know there was a limit to the number of credits transferred, so I was quite disappointed. But wait, the only reason I took it at the other school was because I couldn't get in to UF's class! And this class was required, for Pete's sake! I must protest.

After much back and forth (I'll spare you), ASL was accepted. Here's the hitch. It's accepted as a foreign language, but not necessarily as an upper level elective (Which I need so many of to graduate)...... and then when my advisor wrote me and told me how close I was to graduation, she said I needed 9 more hours of upper level electives (supposedly) because she counted ASL as an upper level elective. I'm not sure what to do now, because technically it's not an upper level elective but they are counting it as such. If they continue to count it as an upper level elective, I will graduate in December. HOWEVER, if they decide at the last minute to say "No, we're not going to count this as an upper level elective....." then I will have to stay yet another semester at UF taking one course. Anyway, I'll let you know how it turns out. As for the fall semester..... I'm in for a doozy.


Here are my classes that I'm registered for. The first three are required.
Audiologic Rehabilitation.
Audiometry
Acoustics
Skeletal forensics (I heard this was an easy elective, I hope these people weren't pulling my leg....)
TV and American Society (Again, word on the street says it's an easy elective....)
Diseases of Eating (same as above.)

I pray that I get through this semester will an A-B average, and I graduate in December so I'm not told that I need one more class.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments