Something That We Do

Love is something that we do!

12.31.2010

Devil burrs

Our house trained pup is house trained so well that she refuses to go to the bathroom in the hotel.  Even though she has my blessing.  Here's why she has my blessing to go potty on the floor, or on a towel, or on the tile, or even in the bathtub in the hotel.  It's not because it's not my place, but because there are evil plants outside.  We go outside, and she, at all costs, stays on the pavement..where she will not go to the bathroom.  It's gotta be grass, gosh darn it!  Not even dirt!  


The reason she avoids any grassy area is this.  Her poor little feet get stabbed with these terrible burrs every time we go outside.  It's gotten to the point that I carry her around everywhere, and don't force her to walk at all.  Of course, I do put her on the ground when she wants to be.  Here's a picture I found on the internet of one of these devil burrs.  Imagine these stuck in your skin.  It HURTS.  And, the little pointy parts (it's covered in points, although it's hard to see in this picture) will break off so you need tweezers to get them out if you're not careful.  And of course, it hurts to grab them at all so pliers are a more convenient way of removing them.  Normally though, I just yank them out of Belle's toes and let them stab me so she doesn't feel the pain as long.  Aren't I a good mom?  Haha :)


Thumb_grass_burr.jpg


2010_08_11_5.jpg
Poor little girl held it for almost 14 hours and finally peed this morning.  It took her 3 minutes, no lie.  Then she limped back to me and I pulled 9 burrs out from between her toes.

1 comments:

I'm not looking forward to having Sasha in the hotels this week. She whines so much. But I was worried about her having to hold it so long when we flew back to Orlando from Birmingham last week after Christmas. We had a 2 hour layover too (total of 9 hours I think). Not 14 like Belle, but she did well.
 

Post a Comment

Comments