Something That We Do

Love is something that we do!

12.21.2010

Band Performance

A week ago today, the kiddo played in his first ever concert.  He was so proud of his accomplishments on his flute.  And so are we.  Here's his section of the program....
We only had my little camera, so the pictures didn't come out so great, but here are the shots we got of the night, plus a few videos!  
Austin's grandparents (on Carl's side) came to show their support for our little flautist.  (That's a flute player, yall.  Personally, I think it's a weird word.)

Poppa K came to show his support as well!  (Momma K had a prior commitment, but she got a personal Christmas performance in our kitchen a couple days before the concert!)

And of course we were there! 

Seeing the middle school band performances really brought me back to my middle school days in band.  (Hi Ms. Beres!)  Those were such fun times!  I was actually watching an old video of my first band performance and, oh, how terrible we sounded.  But we thought we were hot stuff!  We didn't hear the squeaky notes we hit; we didn't hear how out of tune we were.  We heard perfection.  Pure bliss.  (Our ears deceived us a little bit, but it was well worth the memory!)  
During one of Austin's performances, the whole band hit squeaky notes and I couldn't help but laugh (that explains the shaking camera).  Austin, if you're reading this, you guys did a terrific job and with the amount of effort you all put into your instruments, you will be improving exponentially!  Hearing Austin's band just brought back such fond memories.  I hope Austin will carry these memories with him for a long time, too.  They did a great job.  And how the band teacher manages to teach that many students so many different instruments is beyond me.  Kudos Mr. Dixon, Ms. Beres and every other band teacher out there!
Without further adieu, I present to you... the Westwood Middle School Beginning Band!
(Please also keep in mind that the reason there are so many videos is because some family who reads my blog might be interested in watching them all. If you don't watch them ALL, my feelings won't be hurt!)

Look for a few cameos in one of these... ;)  Wait, are they cameos if the person isn't actually famous?  Ah, who cares.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments