Something That We Do

Love is something that we do!

12.16.2010

Must go!

Scene: Wintery cool day inside a warm vanilla spice scented home.  The kiddo is at school, the hubby is at work, and the puppy is laying in my lap.  We're all doin our thing, whether it be learning, working, writing, or snoozing... it's a nice day.  I appreciate days like today when the hustle and bustle just settles down long enough to recuperate.

We've been slowly preparing for our big move to California and we have decided what furniture we will bring, what we will store for a while, and what we will sell.  We found a house to live in in Turlock, and because it's smaller than the one we currently own, we've decided to sell some pretty big items.  One being Carl's car.  God is so good; with the car being for sale for only a couple of hours, 3 people have called expressing interest in it!  I know that the car will sell soon, and God is continually taking care of us.  We have enough stress, we just need to hand it over to Him.

Amid all this chaos of moving is Christmas.  Sadly, my home is not decorated for Christmas like it normally is.  I don't even have one Christmas piece out.  Last night, I just couldn't take it anymore.  I decided to, at the very minimum, hang up Christmas towels.  My grandma had a bunch of Christmas towels still stored in the furniture I brought back from her house, so I headed to the dresser and started laying each towel out on the bed.

After about ten minutes, I realized out of nine (yes, 9) sets of towels, not one of them was complete!  I either had bath towels or hand towels.  Hand towels or wash cloths.  Not a complete set!  It made me laugh that she got away with this so well!  Nobody ever noticed because they were all so well coordinated.  And each towel was in mint condition, with fine embroidery on it and not a stain to be found.  Today, I will hang up the towels and enjoy the little touch of Christmas cheer.

I'm tidying up around the house today, but I came across this old video and it just made me smile.  My little Belle and her cousin Bonnie.  I might've showed this before, but this pup just makes me smile.  I'm gonna share it with you, then back to tidying up I must go!  By the way, if anyone wants a great rear projection 65 inch television, lemme know.  This baby must go!  She won't even fit in our new living room.  Unless we want to watch her from the kitchen.  No, thanks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments