Something That We Do

Love is something that we do!

12.11.2010

Community

In 2010, in July to be precise, I started my blog.  I originally started posting and pretending that nobody is reading it.  It gave me a sense of freedom to express myself, and if nobody was reading it, I could say what I wanted.  Then came the followers.  Oh wow, now I have an audience.  No pressure.  Still, nobody that I know in "real life" was a follower, so I was still free to say whatever I chose.

One day, I posted my blog to facebook, and all of my friends and family were free to look.  I felt as though I had just opened up my front door, opened all the windows in my home, and said, "Come on in y'all!"  People came rushing in, much to my surprise.  I never thought I would feel that people were visiting me when they were simply reading what I wrote!

Alas, I welcomed them in my home blog and made them some sweet tea kept writing.  It amazed me how many people were checking up on me on a daily basis, and I felt so loved!  The only problem?  They were still all strangers to me.  I didn't know who these people were, unless they clicked the "follow" button or ran into me in public and mentioned my writing.  As much as I appreciated them "following" me, I was surprised at who some of the people were!  And that's when I did it.  I took the "Followers" off of my blog.  No, I didn't kick them to the curb.  I simply chose to not look who the people were.  I like the feeling that I'm entertaining my best friends and complete strangers all at the same time.  I'll admit, every now and then, curiosity does get the best of me and I go behind the scenes to take a looksie at who my followers are.  And I appreciate that they have chosen to reveal themselves!  (If for nothing else, I'm not caught off guard when they bring up my blog in real life!)

I've felt that I've created a sense of community here, and that people are constantly popping in to visit me.  And, you're always welcomed here.  I want you to feel as though you can come in, kick off your shoes, and sit on my patio with your feet dangling in my pool.  Or, at this time of year, you may want to sit by my fireplace.  Either way, I'll either make you sweet tea, or hot cocoa, and we'll have a good time catching up.

In 2011, I hope to continue growing this community.  What I would really like for Christmas (cough cough) is.......I would like to know more about who you all are! I see my page counter increase daily, but I don't know who my lovely readers are!  Don't get me wrong, it can be fun entertaining strangers in your home, but I just love it when strangers become good friends.  If you'd like to reveal yourself, please click "follow" on the side of the page.  It's really easy to set up an account and you never have to log in to it.  But, if you choose to remain anonymous, I'm okay with that too (I suppose).  You seem to be a shy bunch, though... I can tell that about you!  Hehe :)

Also, since we'll be moving across the country in a matter of days, I hope to really create a community in California.  It's a little bit nerve racking to move across the country and not know anyone, but you know what?  I already have a whole family over there.  No, I haven't met them, and as far as I know our blood is not from the same family tree... but I know that the church members that I will be meeting the very first Sunday I visit will be warm and welcoming brothers and sisters to me, and my family.  Because that's what we all are: family.  It is our duty and privilege to welcome one another with open arms and make sure we are loved.

So, please.  Come along with me on this journey.  Stay with me as I change homes.  Keep me company and in your prayers throughout this crazy ride!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments