Something That We Do

Love is something that we do!

12.13.2010

Christmas Survey

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both.  Wrapping paper looks beautiful, especially the way my mom decorates the packages.. but bags so are so much easier.

2. Real tree or Artificial? I always had a real tree growing up, and it was often my job to crawl underneath the tree to water it.  Remembering the pine needles all over the floor is nice, as a memory.  We do fake ones now :)

3. When do you put up the tree? Seeing as how I've only had one Christmas married so far, we don't have a "usual" time yet, but I prefer to believe it goes up Thanksgiving weekend.  Sadly, this year, we aren't doing any decor since we're moving.

4. When do you take the tree down? I hate that part.  Do I really have to think about that?  I don't even have a tree up this year and it makes me sad to think about taking it down.

5. Do you like eggnog? No siree.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? My little puppy, Peekaboo.

7. Hardest person to buy for? My mom, and my dad.  Both are hard for me to buy for.

8. Easiest person to buy for? Austin. :)

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, it was my grandmothers and I fell in love with it as a child so one year she gave it to me.  It's small, so I keep it in one of her old powder dishes.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Classic snail mail!

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? No idea.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Christmas Classic ... It's A Wonderful Life. Also, all the cheesy Hallmark ones. Love 'em!

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I normally start the day after Christmas to save up for the next year.  Only problem is, I forget what I buy so then I have a bunch of hidden presents throughout the year.  Ask my parents how many times they've heard, "I forgot to give you this on Christmas, so....um.... happy June!"

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Opa's moon cookies.  I don't know what they're actually called but I love them.

16. Lights on the tree (colored or clear)? Color!  But last year we were blessed with two trees, so one was all colors, and one was white lights with only silver and gold ornaments.  That was lovely.

17. Favorite Christmas song? I love to sing O Holy Night... on the piano I love to play Carol of the Bells, and Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy.  And, Mary Did You Know always gives me goosebumps.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Both, as long as it's with family.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Why of course I can!

20. Angel, star or ribbon on top of tree? It was always an angel growing up, but we don't have a topper yet since we've been married.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? In my home, we opened one gift on Christmas eve and the rest in the morning.  


22. Favorite children's Christmas song? Alvin and the Chipmunks!

23. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Nothing typically annoys me about this time of year, but the saying "Happy Holidays" has been getting to me lately.  It's Christmas, y'all.  If you don't celebrate Christmas, please wish me a Happy whatever you celebrate.  I won't take offense!

24. Favorite ornament theme or color? Anything with some sort of meaning behind it!

25. Turkey or ham on Christmas day? Turkey, gobble gobble.

26. What do you want for Christmas this year? I'm having a hard time coming up with anything.

27. Does anyone in your family dress up as Santa? No.

28. Age you discovered who Santa was? I don't know how old I was but I remember it vividly. It wasn't the best of days, and we'll leave it at that.

29. Eggnog, hot chocolate, or apple cider? Hot chocolate!

30. Traditional colors (red and green) or other colors? Love the reds, greens and golds, and silvers!

31. Do you have any Christmas decorations on your roof? Can't say we do.

32. How does Santa get into your house? Chimney or magic key? Chimney

33. Do you prefer gifts or gift cards? I love gift cards, but gifts are nice too!

34. Favorite children's Christmas Cartoon? The Polar Express... what a magical story!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments