Something That We Do

Love is something that we do!

11.23.2010

My Moe's Fiasco

I have to warn you by telling you this post is incredibly boring.  Like, it's really...really... boring.  I just had to vent.  You don't have to read it.  If you continue, don't say I didn't warn you.  And obviously, I was not asked to write a review for the restaurant mentioned in this post.  So, here it goes.

Last week, I had the pleasant surprise of the opportunity for extra credit in my audiometry class.  Extra credit is few and far between, so whatever it was going to be, I was on it.  It was easy, all I had to do was bring a yellow ticket to Moe's Southwest Grill and show my receipt to my teacher.  The yellow ticket allowed Moe's to donate $1 of my sale to the audiology foundation.  Pretty easy extra credit, eh?  Yeah, that's what I thought.

Here's the thing though.  I can't stand Moe's.  I don't like the food.  I don't like the noise in the restaurant.  And I sure as heck don't like that they yell when you walk in.  And when every person behind you walks in.  It gets old to me, fast.  Really fast.  But, for extra credit, I will do it *sigh*.

But wait, that's not all (say that in your best game show voice)- if I went to that specific Moe's with my yellow ticket, I could get three points for extra credit for me, and one point for every other person I brought with me (up to five points).  Score!  I'll bring Carl and Austin.  And then Forrest came over.  So, he would be joining us, too.

We get to Moe's and the noise of the place started driving me nuts when I was only in there for about 2 minutes.  I was searching over the menu trying to find something I would like, and I decided to ask for a bean burrito, even though I didn't see it on the menu.  "No problem," the guy told me.  It came time to put everything on the burrito, and he asked what type of bean I wanted.  "Refried, please."

At this point, you'd think the nice guy would've told me that they do not have refried beans.  But, no.  What'd he do?  "Okay.  Would you like sour cream or guacamole?"  I got both.  I figured the beans were coming later.  Then, he wrapped up my burrito.  With sour cream and guacamole.  And nothing else.

"Umm.. I ordered a bean burrito....."

"Yeah but you wanted refried beans."

"That's correct."  I was confused.

"We don't have them."  He continued wrapping up my "burrito."

"I'm sorry, but I don't want a burrito with just guacamole and sour cream.  Crazy, I know.  Go ahead and put some sort bean in there."  And so he did.

Then, I was helping Forrest order and the guy could barely hear Forrest over the counter.  That was certainly understandable because Forrest is little, and the counters are tall, and the people behind the counter ARE YELLING EVERY 5 SECONDS!  "Forrest, what type of meat do you want?"  I asked.

He asked for beef.  I looked at the guy behind the counter and said, "He'd like beef."

He took a nice scoop of beef when Forrest shouted, "WAAAIT!"  I bent town to Forrest and I asked what meat he preferred.  "That one."  He was pointing at the chicken.

"I'm sorry, Forrest would like the chicken."  The guy took a nice scoop of the chicken, and wouldn't you know it....

"WAAAIT!!!"

Once again, I bent down so as to not yell (not that I could if I wanted to), and I asked Forrest again what type of meat he wanted.  To make a long story short, this is how the order went.

Beef.  Chicken.  Pork.  Do you have turkey?  Ok chicken.  No wait, pork.  No...No, wait.  Beef.

So, we finally have all of our food, and we go sit down at the table.  I'm hoping my burrito is going to be really good, but I wasn't necessarily holding my breath.  As I sat down, I reached my hand in my pocket and I felt the yellow ticket.  Shoot.  Now this meal didn't count because the ticket wasn't handed over at the time of purchase.  Ugggh!  I took the ticket out of my pocket and as I tried to bring it up front anyway, I realized I was at the wrong Moe's.  The wrong Moe's.  Seriously?

Five points is a lot to give up, so we ended up driving across town to the other Moe's and I purchased three drinks for three different people in the restaurant so that I could get my darn extra credit.  I want those five points, dang it.  Carl and I had enough soda already, and the boys certainly didn't need any more sugar, so I gave the cups to some random people in the restaurant.  Two of which were girls in my class that just ordered water, and the other one was the guy behind me in line who thought I was pretty darn cool for buying him a drink.  (I actually had Carl ask to buy him a drink so he didn't think I was trying to flirt with him..... you know, "Hey, can I buy you a drink?" At a mexican grill instead of a bar.  )

Yeah.  That was my night.  Thanks for letting me vent.

1 comments:

Oh my goodness. Most hilarious story of my life. Could have been in a comedy act! =)
 

Post a Comment

Comments