Something That We Do

Love is something that we do!

11.09.2010

THE news:

Before I announce the big news, you need to understand something.  Otherwise, you might not understand why this is such "big" news.

To make a long story short, I grew up in a small town.  I was born and raised in a beautiful old blue house.  In June of 09, my husband and I joined as one, so it was time for me to move out.

I won't lie, there were some tears over leaving home.  But, let's face it, I was 12 minutes from home.  Yes, just 12 minutes.  Easy breezy.  Super convenient.  I still go home to my parents a couple of times each week.  Why, you ask?  I enjoy their company.  I enjoy going home.  My parents and I have a close relationship and we all get along wonderfully.  So, I get to go home to visit as often as I want.  And- they babysit for us.  When we go out of town, or are gone for long days, Baby Belle gets to be spoiled at Grandma and Grandpa's house! 

Plus, here's my parents front porch.  Why wouldn't I want to visit here?  Isn't it charming?
It's like a little escape from a semi-crazy life.  And their side yard:
Which is why my news is considered big in my book.
You've guessed it- we're moving.

Where you ask?


Umm... that's across the country, y'all.

Away from my parents, away from my husband's parents, away from Austin's grandparents, away from all of our friends, away from our church, away from everything we know, away from.... okay, you get the picture.

Which means, there are going to be a few lot more tears.

But.  There is good news. 
  1. I know God has a plan for me and my family.  This is part of His plan, and I choose to trust Him.  It's good to know that God has a plan for little old me, but I feel strongly that part of Him moving us across the country is to teach me to trust Him more.  
  2. My husband and I are learning to cling together more than we ever have before.  And I didn't think that was possible, because we already have more respect and love for each other than I could ever dream.  Moving so far away from our known little world in Florida will undoubtedly enable and even force us to cling together even more.
  3. Financially, we'll be a lot safer than we are now.  
  4. I've always (as long as I can remember) wanted to be a Proverbs 31 (see verses 10 through 31 if you are unfamiliar) woman, and I feel that having a "fresh start" so to speak will allow me to create who I want me to be.  (Not that I couldn't do it here in our Florida home, but it's almost like a New Year's Resolution type thing... fresh starts can be helpful.)
  5. Our small groups from church have helped me become friends with some amazing women.  Women that lift each other, that glorify God, and love one another with a genuine love.  We've grown so close through small groups, I'd feel blessed if Carl and I could put the idea of small groups in our future church's mind.  It's such an opportunity for growth.  
  6. If any of our friends would like to go to California, we will  host you in our home.  Any of you.  Seriously.  Hello, free place to stay!
  7. Blogging material!  Need I say more?  Maybe I'll even go to the BlogHer '11 Conference! 
  8. Moving!  It's gotta be kinda fun, right?  I've never actually done that.  (How crazy is that?  When I "moved" from my parents home to my husband's home, it was more like "Come home from my honeymoon and my new home is full of my things"....that I didn't pack.  Yep, family moved me in to my new home.  It was such a blessing to come home from our honeymoon with no moving to do!)
  9. We're going on an adventure.  That's always fun, no?  Carl and I always have so much fun when we're sightseeing together, exploring a whole new town is bound to be a blast!
  10. Planes make traveling easy.  We don't have to take 5 days to make the cross country drive, we can hop on a jet a fly home for holidays.  (This gives Christmas music a whole new meaning... think: "I'll be home for Christmas.")

    So, that's it.  That's our big news.  Exciting, isn't it?

    Thoughts?  Opinions?  Moving tips?  Suggestions?  Wanna book a stay in our new home (haha)? Wanna get together before we leave this townstate? time-zone? coast?  

    2 comments:

    Thank you for being so brave and amazing. I love you.
     
    wow!
     

    Post a Comment

    Comments