Something That We Do

Love is something that we do!

11.18.2010

So many questions!

I've received a few emails from you folks asking just where, why, and when are we moving.  I didn't realize it at the time but I guess I did kinda leave you folks hanging.  Sorry about that!  I'll try to answer as many questions as I can in this post.


Where are we moving?  We're moving to Turlock, CA.  Never heard of it?  Yeah, me neither.  Not till recently, I mean.  It's a small town south of Modesto.  And no, I hadn't heard of that until recently, either.  I'll say it the best I know how without directing you to google maps: we're moving two hours east of San Francisco, and slightly south.  (As a side note, I accidentally said two hours west of San Fran to a friend when I was describing where we were living..... she thought there was some island we were moving to.  I meant east.  I'm not always the best with directions, sorry!)


Now, I've never been to Turlock, so I can't accurately describe the town.  However, Carl went there for a visit, and from what I've gathered from how he has described it.....


  • Turlock is an agricultural town
  • It has a population of about 70,000 people
  • It's located in a valley, with mountains on either side
  • We can't see the mountains from Turlock
  • It doesn't snow




Here's what I've gathered from other people..... (I don't know how accurate this is...)


  • It smells..... I'm not quite sure what it smells like, people just keep saying "agriculture."  Not sure if that means manure?
  • It's hazy from smog rolling over from the big cities around it
  • The smog stays there because it's in a valley
  • The people are extremely friendly


Why are we moving to Turlock?  Carl got a job working at MedicAlert.  'nough said.


When are we moving?  We need to be there by January 3rd.  That's the day Carl starts work.  So, the absolute latest day to arrive would be January 2nd.  It's about a 3-4 day drive (we'll most likely have a truck, definitely an 11 year old boy, and a small white puppy..... two of which won't be able to hold their bladder for too much of an extended time: I'll give you a hint, it's not the truck with the bladder issue).  So... that means we plan on leaving either Dec. 26th or 27th.  Which means Christmas is going to be bittersweet.  I'm thinking it might be more bitter than sweet.


So, that's it for now, folks.  Big plans, big plans I tell ya.


Just to show you how concerned some of us are about moving (ha ha)...while talking about moving with my family, here is an honest to goodness question that Austin asked us.  "Can we stop at a 7-11?"  (We can say thanks to Robbie for that one.... he introduced Austin to slurpies!)  Sometimes I long for the kind of days where my biggest concern about moving across the country was whether or not we could stop at a 7-11.  It's all good.  :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments