Something That We Do

Love is something that we do!

10.06.2010

Fall Decor

Yesterday was my day off of school so I spent the Tuesday doing what I always do on Tuesdays.  Housework.  But, this Tuesday was special.  It was the first available day that I had so I could pull out all of my Fall decorations!  Yay!  There was a show I was watching over a year ago and one of the characters were talking about how much she loves Halloween...but not because of the candy or trick-or-treating.  She loved going door to door only so she could see inside people's homes!  While it sounds a bit creepy, I have to admit that I actually enjoy peeking into people's homes too!  Don't get me wrong here, I'm no peeping tom.  But when a fellow blogger opens up her home to show us around, I just think it's so neat!  I like looking at the lighting in their home, their little knick-knacks they have around, the color of their walls.....  To be fair, I'll show you a few rooms in our house too.  For now, you'll only see the rooms with our Fall decor.
Well?  Come on in!  Kick your shoes off, and stay a while!
Welcome to our living room.  Here on the table is a little pumpkin glass.  Isn't it cute?
Behind you, you'll see this beautiful orange glow.  This will be leaving after Halloween since it's more Halloween-y than Autumn-ish.  But we'll enjoy it while it's here.
Here, walk with me through the dining room into the kitchen and I'll show you the other side of the house.
My lovie brought me these flowers last week when I was stressed about a bunch of tests.  He's so sweet.  I stuck them in a Fall container and they're sitting right above my sink so I can enjoy them while I wash dishes.
Here's our kitchen table with our Autumn placemats and a little centerpiece that has scented cedar chips inside.  Mmmm, apple spice.
In our family room, we have this funny little basket of Fall vegetables.  I guess they aren't that funny, but they remind me of a little "incident" we had last year with them.  I'll have to fill you in on that later!
Here are some Halloween lights that I put up around our window that overlooks our pool and patio.  The weather was so beautiful last night, we ate outside.  There are the boys eagerly waiting for me to join them so we can eat!  Notice our windows are open as well.  Nothing like a Fall breeze blowing through the house.  Aaah.  (The center window's blinds are down because of the stained glass in the window.  It occasionally falls down and the blinds have always caught it.  I'm a bit too nervous to raise the blinds in case the suction holding the stained glass decides to let go!)

I'm gonna go fix us some vanilla carmel tea, which you'll absolutely love.  I'm so happy you stopped by!  Come join me on the patio.  We'll sip our tea and listen to the owl as dusk creeps in.   Oh, how I love this time of year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments