Something That We Do

Love is something that we do!

10.05.2010

Welcome back, October!

Dear October,

I am so glad you have finally come to visit!  I have thought about you since last October when you just weren't yourself, and I even began to worry that you just wouldn't return.  But alas, you have.  And how I've missed you.

Two years ago, I remember walking around with you and enjoying your crisp air.  All of the trees were starting to lose their leaves, and even though they made a huge mess in my yard, it was a-o-k with me.  Because you were here!  You made it so beautiful outside.

Last year, when you finally came to visit, you just weren't yourself.  I'm not sure what was going on, but looking back I think you and January might have been having a fight over who's the better guest.  Between you and me, October, you are.  January tends to drag on for far too long, and she's so cold!  You're a better guest because you don't suffocate me when you come to visit, you let me do my own thing while also getting to spend some time with you.  But January?  Well.....I hate to say it...but, she stays around for far too long.  And, not that it's her fault, but she also makes December leave our home far too quickly!

Anyway October, enough bad mouthing January.  I'm sure some people just love having her over.  But my point is this, I'm so so glad you're back.  I'm so glad I get to sleep in flannel pants and long sleeve shirts again.  I'm so glad that I get slightly chilly when I take our Belle outside in the evenings.  I'm so glad I can walk around school and arrive sweatless to class.  And, I'm so glad that you bring so many beautiful colors with you when you travel.  You're awesome, October.  I'm going to go light all of my pumpkin spice candles now.

One of your fans,
Lindsey

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments