Something That We Do

Love is something that we do!

8.05.2010

All in the family.

This past weekend, Carl and I had a lot of traveling going on. I just realized that I had somehow not used Hubby's real name in any previous post, so I thought I might clarify now that his name is Carl. But, if you're reading this blog, you most likely already know that. Anyways...back to our travels...

On Friday, when Hubby got off work, the three of us packed up and headed over to Palm Coast to visit with Hubby's grandma. When Carl was little, he always spent a week during the summer with his grandma. He always had a great time with her, and she took him exciting places the like the beach, Disney World, the Kennedy Space Center, and other fun Florida sites. Hubby still reminisces of his vacations with her. Ever since Austin has been old enough to stay a week away from home, he has gone to visit with Carl's grandma as well. Let's be clear- this is Austin's great grandma that he gets to spend a week with each summer. How awesome is that? And she still goes and goes with him; they do beach trips, Disney world, Kennedy Space Center, all of the fun things that Carl got to do as a boy. I don't think Austin realizes how wonderful it is that he has gotten to know his great grandmother, but I hope that one day he does realize how special that is. We didn't go anywhere during the couple hours we visited with them, so I didn't think to get a picture, unfortunately.

The next morning, Carl and I packed up and drove about half an hour south to Daytona Beach where my side of the family was having a mini-reunion. It was so good to see everyone. We all went out to dinner at Aunt Catfish's On The River....picture coming soon. When the waiter took the photo, he was very....thorough. "Third person on the left, lean back a little. Fourth on the right, lean in. No, not that much.... You all the way on the end, I can't see you too well." Some of the family got annoyed with him; I could hear them huffing and complaining. Me? "Wow, this is great.... I've never had a waiter be so thorough!" I was really happy to get a picture of everyone present. We were, sadly, missing cousin Jason, though. He was still working and he made the drive to see everyone the following day. Unfortunately, Carl and I had already left by then.

Here are some pictures of some family members on the pier at the restaurant where we ate.
Here's my cousin Jimmy...
From Daytona Beach 1

Here is Jimmy with his wife, Susie.
From Daytona Beach 1


Here's my Aunt Cathy and her first granddaughter, Georgia.
From Daytona Beach 1

Here is cousin Jimmy's wife, Susie and Georgia.
From Daytona Beach 1


While everyone was having a relaxed afternoon, poor Hubby was having a mini-crisis. The power went out at his place of business and affected his customers. He was calling in employees to reboot and get the machines working again. Here's a picture of him on the phone, still trying to settle everything.
From Daytona Beach 1


Here is my cousin Dustin and his daughter (Georgia).
From Daytona Beach 1


The girls :) Susanna, me, Gillian, and Susie.
From Daytona Beach 1


Here's a candid of Hubby talking to my parents. Should I be reading into the plaid shirts?
From Daytona Beach 1

Me and Hubby.
From Daytona Beach 1


Here is my mom, Gill, and Aunt Janet.
From Daytona Beach 1


My mom with her youngest niece Gill.
From Daytona Beach 1


We were all a bit surprised how much these two look alike. They're first cousins (Gill and Jimmy)
From Daytona Beach 1


Good looking bunch, eh? ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments