Something That We Do

Love is something that we do!

7.29.2010

Lullaby, and goodnight...

One day, Hubby came home from work and surprised me with these. Aren't they pretty?
From Blog

I haven't exactly figured out the art of photographing flowers, unfortunately.
So, what spurred on Hubby to have him bring me these flowers? My exhaustion. I was so completely, utterly exhausted with the new puppy in our home. So tired, in fact, that for three whole days, THREE WHOLE DAYS, I forgot to brush my teeth. My mom said that's what it is like being a new mother. So, why was I so tired you ask? Belle and I weren't, er.... exactly on the same sleeping schedule.
When I wanted to play, she wanted to sleep.
From Blog

More importantly, when I wanted to sleep, she wanted to play.
From Blog

Why? 'Cuz girls just wanna have fun, of course!
From Blog

This out-of-sync sleep schedule really took a toll on me, and little Belle as well.
She was a happy little girl all day long, but when it came to night time and me and her being separated, she cried. Now, I didn't do the whole "Lock her in a crate and put her in another room while she cries" thing. I did the whole "Waking up with her every hour of the night so she would feel safe" thing. And, since Hubby was originally against getting a dog, I felt that I needed to make sure his sleep was uninterrupted. Somehow, he didn't hear baby Belle crying, but I heard every little peep she made.

I would carefully scoot out of bed, quietly unlock her crate, wait for her to come out to me and then take her outside. After she went potty, I always went back in the bedroom and grabbed my pillow and went out to the living room. I laid on the floor with baby Belle while she pounced all over me and used her little razor blade teeth to nibble on me. This happened for a little over a week, when I had a seemingly life-saving idea. I grabbed a coke bottle out of the recycling bin, and put hot water in it. I filled it up as much as I could with hot water, and then I took a shirt that I had been wearing to sleep in, and I put the coke bottle inside of the shirt. I put the coke bottle and shirt inside the crate, and I put Baby Belle against it, and she felt comforted. She must've felt that someone was with her in that crate, because from that night on, a heated up coke bottle was all I needed to get a good night's sleep.

And, in case you were wondering, Hubby does still bring me flowers, even though I'm not (always) sleep deprived. I caught a good one, folks!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments