Something That We Do

Love is something that we do!

8.16.2010

Weekend

This weekend, Austin's best friend Forrest came over to play. Forrest stayed the night with Austin on Friday night, and then they had a good full day together on Saturday. Austin had a blast but it sure wore him out! All day Sunday he was in a haze, but I think it was worth it for him. They played in the pool, legos, computer games, watched some TV, and played video games. Carl and I got to do some things on our own, too. Carl programmed while I sat next to him in my desk scrapbooking. We got a lot done, and I think everyone had a great weekend. On Sunday when we got home from church, we did a family bible study and then went about doing "Sunday afternoon" type of things. Carl and I moved Austin's furniture around in his room, and now he has a LOT of floor space. I don't know why we didn't think of this plan before. It's definitely an improvement from before. Austin also cleaned out a lot of his old stuff so he can start the school year with a fresh clean room, as clutter free as possible.

On Saturday, while I was scrapbooking, Belle came up to me and brought me her bone. She's been doing that lately. She brings me her bone if it's too small for her to hold and chew on. I always help her out by holding her bone for her, and she lays in my lap chewing away. Well, this time, while "chewing away," she accidentally bit into my thumb. It hurt really bad....I looked at Carl and said I am either about to pass out, or throw up. My finger was throbbing. He says I have a low pain tolerance, but Belle has sharp teeth and this HURT! I looked at my thumb and it was bleeding from underneath the nail. Seeing the blood, I told Carl I was going to pass out, so he had me lay down on the bed. Upon closer examination, we realized she bit THROUGH my nail. I now have a tooth hole in my nail, with a very sore thumb. I was laying on the bed feeling like I was going to throw up, and trying not to pass out when Carl came to me with bandaid and hydrogen peroxide. That man takes such good care of me.

Meanwhile, Belle knew that she injured her momma and was being really sweet to me. I wasn't welcoming her kisses like I normally do, just because I was in so much pain. She left for a few minutes, and then came back to me and laid her teddy bear next to my face, and then she laid down next to it. I thought it was so sweet of her; she was making an apologetic gesture to me! I knew she didn't mean to hurt me, so of course I didn't discipline her. Just the fact that she brought me her toy that she's had since she was born was so sweet.

Aside from that little incident, it was a pretty good weekend in our home. I hope you all had a good weekend, as well!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments