Something That We Do

Love is something that we do!

11.14.2013

Welcome Baby Luke Party

When we first arrived in Florida, Luke was all smiles with his Momau and Poppa.  I think he might actually remember them from when he was born.  I know that seems crazy, but they picked up right where they left off.

Reunited, and it feels so good...
IMG_5482
IMG_5871
Check out that tongue again!
IMG_5504

My mom threw Luke a "Welcome" party so he could meet her side of the family.  Family came from all over Florida to meet Luke, and it was such a wonderful day!  Let me just say a big THANK YOU to all of our family who came to meet Luke!

IMG_5687

IMG_5689

Here are photos of Luke's Welcome Party!

Luke with Aunt Cathy! (She is the one who made Luke's quilts that you have seen!)
IMG_5662

Luke with Uncle David!
IMG_5701
IMG_5705
Luke was exhausted and started to fuss... Uncle David said, "Hey, you're breaking the rules.. you don't fuss when I hold you!"  Well Luke tried to suck it up.  Bless his little heart!
IMG_5706

Luke with Dustin! (This is Georgia's daddy!)
IMG_5711

Luke with Uncle Jimmy!
IMG_5663
Luke with Aunt Janet!
IMG_5668
Luke with Susie!
IMG_5665
Luke with Jimmy!
IMG_5698
Luke with Jason! (This was right after Uncle David told Luke about the no fussing rule!)
IMG_5709

Luke with Aunt Eva!  (Luke is doing a muscle man pose, haha!)
IMG_5692

Here is Luke hanging out with his Poppa!
IMG_5679
And look, there's that tongue again!
IMG_5680

My dad took Luke away from all the commotion for a little down time by the pool, while Georgia swam.
IMG_5684
IMG_5728

It was great to hang out and catch up with family.
IMG_5725
Luke wants cake! ;)
IMG_5724
Luke really cracked up with Dustin.
IMG_5721
IMG_5720
IMG_5719
IMG_5718
At the end of the day, Luke lounged in his Momau's arms.  It was a very busy day for him, but he did great considering how many people he met!
IMG_5734


I really cannot tell you how grateful I am that our family made every effort to come meet Luke.  My cousin, Alex couldn't be there because he was helping with a fundraiser for a friend with cancer (so really, I couldn't be mad even if I wanted to be)...and Aunt Karla, Uncle Gene, Susanna and Gillian couldn't make it because of school and work (they live in Virginia).  But I am SO glad everyone else got to meet him.  Thank you all!  Love you guys!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments