Something That We Do

Love is something that we do!

11.11.2013

Luke meets Aunt Mia

Luke got to meet my best friend of over twenty years, Mia.  Auntie Mia, I think it's safe to say, fell for Luke at first sight.  Actually... I think it was when I got to tell her she was going to be an Aunt... I think she loved him from that moment.

Last December, for Christmas, I was visiting Florida and Mia came to my parents house to hang out with me.  I had awful awful morning sickness (that lasted all day, if you recall) and I was JUST starting to tell people we were expecting.  So Mia was over at my parents' (where I was still in my PJ's), and we were hanging out and talking about future plans.  My mom asked her (as far as schooling goes) where she sees herself in a year.  She said she hoped she would be done with school and in a professional job (mission accomplished, by the way) and at a break in the conversation, I asked her if she knew what we would be doing the following year around Christmas time.  "What?" she asked.

"Celebrating a baby's first Christmas!" I beamed.  The squealing commenced, and she inspected my belly for any sign of a bump.  

I made sure to call Mia the day I learned if Luke was a boy or girl... "Do you think you're having a niece or a nephew?" I would ask.  

She helped when we brainstormed names for our little boy, she was one of the first people to get a text when I went into labor, and she was one of the first people I called when Luke ended up back in the hospital after his birth.  To say she's been through thick and thin with me would be an understatement.  These type of friends don't come around very often, so when you get one, you gotta hold on to 'em.  

Without further ado, here are some photos of Luke meeting his Auntie Mia!  

IMG_5768

IMG_5767

IMG_5766

IMG_5769

IMG_5775

IMG_5791

We went to lunch with Mia's parents, so Luke also got to meet Aunt Kathy and Uncle Saul!

IMG_5776

IMG_5785

IMG_5778

IMG_5780

We're so blessed to have such wonderful friends that we call family in our lives.  Luke will understand that too, one day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments