Something That We Do

Love is something that we do!

2.11.2011

A few things I've learned.

Hey guys!

I've been really busy this week applying for jobs, enjoying my new phone, and staying on top of housework.  Let me say, I don't think the dishes will ever learn how to clean themselves.  True bummer, let me tell ya.  

Belle has a new friend at the park who she just loves.  She likes waiting for her other friends to leave so she can have him all to herself.  His name is Gizmo.  I have no idea what kind of dog he is, but he's bigger than she is by about 15 pounds and he's got long brown hair.  Here's a video of them playing together, in case you want to see.  And Belle also has another new friend who she met just two days ago, named Happy Feet.  Happy Feet is also bigger than Belle, but Belle is quite fond of her too.  She's, get this, part chihuahua, part terrier, and part dalmatian.  Crazy, right?  Ahh... love the doggies.

During our lovely settling in period, we have encountered several laws, if you will, in California, that just make us say, "Huh?!"  We're quite surprised to learn what we've learned this week.  Let me fill you in.


  1. You need a license to ride a bicycle.  It's good for the lifetime of the bike, and it's only  $4.  I don't know the purpose of this, but okay.
  2. You need a permit to have a yard or garage sale.  You can have no more than two in one year.
  3. If you toast your sub at subway, you get charged an extra tax.  If you choose to not toast it, you will still get charged the tax if you take the sub "to go" instead of dining in.  The only way to not get charged that daggome tax is if you eat IN the restaurant and you eat your sub cold.  Ridiculous, I tell you.  
There ya have it.  Now you're a little more educated for when you come visit us.  ;)

Seriously now, who's gonna be the first to stay in our shiny guest room?  


2 comments:

And then there's the happy meal thing! Dunno if Austin eats happy meals a lot, but if you ever decided to try it, be warned. Haha.

USF also requires you to license each bicycle. Maybe California is trying to be like China and USF is trying to be like California. I dunno.

There are some ridiculous laws there, so in a way I pity you, but I still hope you enjoy living in Cali nonetheless. :)

God bless,
Cristina
 
Oh gosh, Cristina! You have to tell me about the happy meals!!! Don't make me actually go buy one of those things now girl... you've piqued my interest!

We do still enjoy living here. We're just shocked at some of these regulations!!

You and Greg should come visit, seriously!
 

Post a Comment

Comments