Something That We Do

Love is something that we do!

2.28.2011

Countdown

Five Things I Am Thankful For:
  • Our new church family!  We placed membership yesterday and it feels so wonderful to be back with a great group of people.
  • A fridge that works.  (Last week it went out and we lost waaaay to many groceries.  This week we're fully restocked.)
  • Our location.  There's so much to do within a couple of hours of our new home!
  • Austin meeting new friends at church that are good kids.
  • Warm welcomes from new friends and neighbors.
Four Things I Can't Stop Thinking About:
  • My trip home that is coming up. (Yep, still the same as last week!)
  • FLYING WITH BELLE.  AAAAAAH!!!
  • All the errands I have to run today.
  • Our trip coming up next weekend, TO THE MOUNTAINS!  
Three Things I Want To Accomplish This Week:
  • Every bit of laundry.  It's neverending and I want to have at least one day where I don't have a thing to wash.
  • Clean my car out.  It's getting messy and I can hear my mom's voice in the back of my head telling me to clean it! (Love you mom!)
  • Purchase and install the wall mount for our TV so we can get it off of our fireplace.  Nope, we still haven't done that.
Two Things I Am Working To Be Positive About:
  • My voice.  People cannot hear me half the time, and I am talking as loud as I possibly can.  I wind up with my throat muscles feeling tired after trying to talk loudly when I'm out with people.
  • Belle will learn how to walk on a leash by my side instead of pulling.  It's a process, but we'll get there.
One Random Thing:
  • So.... Belle has been bringing me her treasured bones lately.  Not the every day run of the mill bones, but the ones that she truly loves and tries to keep hidden from everyone in the house.  She brings them to me and I'm pretty sure they are a gift from her.  If I try to give it back to her, her ears go down and she looks offended.  I asked Carl what I'm supposed to do with the bone and he simply said, "Start eatin'."

7 comments:

If you haven't bought a mount yet for the TV, check out MonoPrice.com. They're a fraction of the price as the box stores and they work great. I got a very adjustable mount (swivels in all kinds of directions) for my TV for $40 this past july.
 
Love these countdowns! I think I'll be doing this on my blog soon! Fun!
 
Katie- thanks for the tip! I'm checking prices there as we speak!
Tiffany- they are fun! Can't wait to read yours too!
 
Lindsey, this whole blog is adorable (is it okay to call a blog "adorable"?)... Love the countdown idea. Sounds like you're doing well, and settling in nicely. I agree about your location - it's such an incredible place - right in the middle of EVERYTHING.
 
Thank you! :) I think "adorable" is a fine word to use, haha! Thanks for reading!
 
I have the voice thing, too! No one can ever hear me, and it frustrates me to no end. I just think everyone (and everything) else is too loud. lol.
 
Me too! Everything IS too loud!! I like things very quiet. Better for your ears too, ya know!! :-)
 

Post a Comment

Comments