Something That We Do

Love is something that we do!

1.12.2011

Excuse me!

Hey y'all! 


Please excuse me being away for a bit.  As you probably guessed, we finally made it out of Fort Stockton! We are now getting settled in our new home.  I've been spending every moment of my day working on the house so it can be in more order when my husband gets home in the evenings.  


I will have to take some pictures for y'all once it's all set up.  So far, I'm really enjoying this little town.  It's very easy to get around, the weather is foggy (which I LOVE) and it rains a lot (something else I LOVE!). Green moss grows on the roofs, and while this may be a turn off to some folks, through the fog and the pretty green, I feel like this is a semi-mystical place.  I think it's really pretty, in fact.  


An update on everyone: 
Carl is enjoying his work.  Everything is going very smoothly for him.  Thankfully the job is right down the street from our house, only taking about 4 minutes to get there.
Austin is not yet enrolled in school.  Darn paperwork!  They need all sorts of info from his old school (who is apparently slowing us down.)  There's a small chance he'll be starting school tomorrow, or (hopefully) Friday at the latest.  The upside of him not being in school is he gets to help me unpack.  
As for me, I've been getting the house in order and learning my way around town.  I've been to a few grocery stores and I've been shocked to find how different the foods are here!  I don't have my brands that I love, and I don't even have the same types of foods.  Sure, the basics are the same, but this stuff is gonna get some getting used to.  So far, we've had a bad experience with american cheese slices.  The package is called, "Pasteurized processed imitation cheese food."  UGH!  We figured we'd give it a shot because it was less expensive,  but oh goodness.  We're switching to the brand name!  Don't they say California is known for cheese?  (I know it's also Wisconsin) but the commercials say "Good cheese comes from happy cows.  And happy cows come from California."  Then again, that was "cheese food"...not "cheese."


So, there you have it.  Not too much going on.  We're all settling in.  Belle is adjusting pretty well.  She's not used to having two stories in our house, so she really likes to lay in our bed during the day and stare out the second story window.  It's pretty cute.  


I'll try to keep updating as much as possible, but right now, my priority lies with getting this house in order!  I appreciate all of you keeping me in your prayers.  Some of you have emailed me encouraging thoughts, and some have even snail-mailed them my way.  How sweet you all are!  It makes my day seeing cards in the mail simply saying that you care.  


Anyway, my husband is home with me now, so it is time for me to log off and spend some quality time with him.  We fall asleep very early here because we're trying to stay on East coast time.  (It makes you feel like a super human when you wake up at 6am fully refreshed (because it's 9am eastern!)  


It's 11:30 Eastern now, so it's almost our bed time.  Goodnight yall, and thanks again for all your encouraging thoughts!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments