Something That We Do

Love is something that we do!

9.19.2011

Yosemite Wildlife

I spy with my little eye..... something with horns.  (No, not all these cars... you guys.)
My father in law got a much better look than I did.  Here's his shot:
If you couldn't see him in my shot, look straight through the cars.  He's that brown patch at the end.  He's eating a tree.
On our last trip to Yosemite, we saw this pretty girl:

And I like to think that you know, boy met girl, and thus we stumbled upon this little precious.
Can you see her?  She's kind of small.  She's to the left of the tree that is closest to the fence.
We also got to see Miss Featherbottom, pictured below. 
I'm told that she's a grouse.  Up close, she appears to be a cross between a chicken and a turkey.  Hey, no judgement.
And then we also saw this fellow.  Just minding his own business.  I'm not sure if coyotes hybernate or not, but this one looks to me like he just woke up.  He was very chillaxed.

And no we did not get out of the car to get this picture.  Next to a grouse, sure why not.  But a coyote?  Hey, unless his name is Wiley and he in the form of a cardboard cutout, we'll stay in the car thankyouverymuch.
Speaking of cartoon friends like ole Wiley, we also ran into Chip.  I mean Dale.  No I mean Chip.  Ugh... I don't know.  I always get those two little rascals mixed up.

One of these days, we will see a bear.  From a distance.  But close enough to get a good picture.  But not close enough that it eats my camera.  Or my family.  K?  We're working on it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments