Something That We Do

Love is something that we do!

9.07.2011

Tidbits

Carl's parents have been in town visiting us these past few days, so I've stepped away from blogging.  Since I'm already having to be on the computer during the day for work, I try to spend time with them in the evenings instead of blogging.  Sorry I have been missing, folks!  They are out of town now for a couple of days, so I'll fill y'all in on what's been happening.  Boy have we been busy.
-Austin is now on the cross country team at his school!  It's really helping him in numerous ways.  He's actually tired at the end of the day, he is learning more discipline (either that or the light finally got through to him that his dad and I have been trying desperately to invoke in his daily routine....)  His grades are on the up and up, meaning so far he's getting mostly A's!  Woohoo!  He comes home every day, hauls is bag up to his room and does his homework.  It takes him a little under an hour every day and that's mostly because his dad and I have him read thirty minutes each day.  Then he comes downstairs, has a snack, and he gets to enjoy the rest of his afternoon.  Pretty sweet.
-Before my inlaws came into town, I got my hair touched up so it would look it's best for when they saw me the first time as a blond.  I got there and started chatting away with my hair girl, who had given me a fabulous haircut several months ago.  I had assumed that touchups would take an hour TOPS.  Boy was I wrong. 
4  Hours later.... I came out with ORANGE hair.  I couldn't tell at first because it was dusk outside.  Now I have to go fork out more money to have this mistake corrected.  The worst part?  (Other than the money...) The day after I get my hair done, I typically have a migraine.  So now I have to choose when to have my migraine and waste another day in the salon.  Bleh.
-We did a lot of traveling last week.  So much that we couldn't leave Belle at home, so our friends watched her for us.  Thank you, guys!  We appreciate you!  Belle came home from their house and b-lined for the bed.  Her BFF Beldar really wears her out.  :)
-On one of our excursions, we went to Monterey where we visited the aquarium.  It was pretty nice, but if you have ever been to the Tampa Bay Aquarium, you may not be very impressed.  But still, it was a nice day that we got to spend with family.  However, while we were at the aquarium, Austin decided to do something....er....silly.
Why did you stick your legs through those bars?
"I wanted to see if they would fit.."
Um... but didn't you think about the possibility of them not fitting?
"No..."
Carl had to tug and tug to get him loose.  We were thisclose to calling the fire department.  I couldn't help but laugh at the situation because this is totally something that would happen to us.  And Carl practically forced me to take pictures.  Seriously.  *I know some of y'all are going to have a hay day with this, *cough* Daniel *cough*... all I ask is 1, you don't go TOO hard on him, and 2, you don't name your source.  :-P

It's his knees that are locking him in place.  The pictures are hard to tell because (believe it or not) I felt like a horrible parent snapping pictures while our kid was stuck.  And yes, we had onlookers.  "Is that little boy stuck?"  "My kid did that once...." "Oh boy, good luck....."
-On a more relaxed note, I'll now show you a picture of the Pacific ocean.  Enjoy.  :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments