Something That We Do

Love is something that we do!

9.18.2011

Monterey

The morning we all ventured to Monterey, we began our day at Huckleberry's here in town.  Now would be a good time to note that I didn't take many pictures during the day, so these pictures are from my father in law.  Thank you for letting me use them! :)

We then made our way to Monterey, where the boys walked down by bay (where the watermelons grow....back to my home, I dare not go...).  Wait, do watermelons really grow by the bay?  Am I missing something here?  I digress.
Austin has been wearing his jacket like that lately.  I'm really not sure why.  I remember being a little younger than him and attempting to wear my sweater like that because that's how the girls would wear it in old fashioned movies, but it didn't really stay on me very well.  It seems to work for Austin.  Maybe he likes thinking of it as a cape instead of a jacket :)
This quote was on the wall of the aquarium... along with things like "Don't flash the octopus" which had Carl and I in stitches.  (They meant camera flashes, guys, California isn't that crazy....)  I don't know why we didn't get a picture of one of the funny quotes.  I'm kind of kicking myself now.

We ended our day in Santa Cruz where Carl, Austin and Tom rode some rides.  Ann and I chowed down on some ice cream even though it was super cold outside (who can resist Dippin Dots and a dipped cone? I mean seriously..)  The only ride that Ann and I indulged in was the gondola.  And that was to get us from point A to point B.  We are practical ladies ;)
I love how the guy in blue is smiling for this picture as well.
It was really a fun day had by all. 
Tom and Ann, come back any time.  We enjoyed our adventures with you!  Love ya'll!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments