Something That We Do

Love is something that we do!

3.15.2011

A New 'Do

Oh my goodness!  I missed my weekly countdown!

The time change has really thrown me off.  I can't seem to catch up on sleep all of the sudden!

It didn't help that Saturday, the three of us made our way to Yosemite and wore ourselves out.  More on that later!

So yesterday... since I missed my countdown, I'll tell you what I was busy doing.  Canceling services, getting Belle to the park before the week of rain we're supposed to have, vacuuming out the car (can I also just say how I love the vacuum system in our house?!  We have a long hose we can hook up to little port in any of our rooms, flip the button and we've got a vacuum!  It's fantastic!  And the suction is super strong, so every grain of sand from Yosemite was sucked out of my car yesterday.  Yeah!)  Anyway.... the other thing I did that took up a good long portion of my time (aside from laundry, as usual) was I cut Austin's hair.

He never likes to have his hair cut, but yesterday when I offered him a spikey do, he was all in.  I just didn't tell him I've never given a boy a spikey do.  A shave?  No problem.  Reminds me of the time I brought a boy home insisting I knew how to cut hair as a teenager.  I swore up and down that I knew how to cut hair, and I'd done it plenty of times.  I wasn't lying... I was just omitting the fact that it was my dog who had been my previous client.  I remember setting him up on the back porch and every couple of minutes running inside to "get a different pair of scissors" and quietly ask my dad what to do next.  

Anywho, back to Austin.

I took a before picture when I had his hair all combed out, so it looks tame in this shot.  But, truth be told, kiddo has a ton of hair and it will stand on end at any given moment.  These aren't the best pictures, so I apologize in advance.  Also, this was in our garage.  That red thing on the wall is our vacuum system.  The previous tenants were the ones that filled it with bumper stickers, not us.  (I feel the need to explain that since there is a lot of mention of beer, and we're not beer drinkers..)  Also, you see carpet in the picture.  That's only by our door.  No, our whole garage isn't carpeted.  Crazy, isn't it.


Also, since I'm not 100% sure I'm doing it right, I will tell you that the reason it's parted on one side is because the top was going to be slightly longer than the sides.  Looks like I'll be consulting my daddio pretty soon.  

So, that was the before picture.  The after picture really hard to even tell what the heck is going on with the hair.  
Once again, my apologies.  It was spikey (believe it or not) but this photo does not show that at all.  In fact, when editing this post, I realized that it looks like I left some parts long and shaved other parts.  I beg to differ.

This morning when we tried to do his hair (5 minutes before running out the door), I realized kiddo's cowlick was taking over and the spikes just were not happening today.  Here is his hair today right before he got out of the car for school.

So.... any tips for yours truly on getting it to be spikey?  Once again, you can't tell in this picture (I'm starting to think it's the photographer instead of the camera, haha) but his hair is combed to the side.  And yes, it has gel in it.  When we put it in this morning, we realized there was no way it was going to stand up in the few minutes we had.  Better luck next time, eh?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments