Something That We Do

Love is something that we do!

7.29.2010

Lake Lure... not always so luring.

Man, a year has gone by already? It’s so hard to believe it’s been a year since I walked down that aisle toward my best friend.

I’ve always wanted to write, and I absolutely love following people’s blogs, but I told myself that my first year of marriage might be a bit too intense to blog about. Don’t worry, I have little mementos that I held onto throughout our first year of marriage. Here, I’ll show them to you in the next few posts!

From Test


I love this picture. It just sums us up. Me and Hubby. We were relaxed, and having a fantastic honey moon. This picture was taken at Lake Lure, and we were just soaking up the sun and enjoying the freedom of not having any responsibilities. Actually, looking back, even though this picture just shouts “Relaxation” at me, I do recall the twenty minutes before this shot was taken. Let me explain Lake Lure to you.

It’s a beautiful lake in the mountains. Here's a picture of Hubby in the lake.

From Test


Here’s a picture of me standing in the lake.

From Test


Know why I’m not any deeper? (One, the water was cold...but, more importantly...) There were HUGE fish in that water! I walked in the water, eager to cool off with my new husband and a GIANT fish came and put my whole middle finger in it’s mouth! I hollered for Hubby and he said it must be my imagination. Oh no. It begins. I chalked it up to a once in a lifetime happening, and that fish was not actually interested in eating me. I continued walking into the water and WHAT JUST WRAPPED AROUND MY ANKLE! “Hubby!!!! I’m getting OUT!” He ran after me saying that the fish wouldn’t hurt me, and I should join him, but I do not like not seeing what is beneath me. Nope, sorry, not gonna happen. I made my way back to the sand and laid down on my towel. As I closed my eyes, feeling relaxed, I had a flashback to what the jeweler told me when I purchased Hubby’s wedding band.

For the full effect, this has to be said in a New York accent...“Nine out of ten times, I see the groom the week after his honeymoon because he lost his wedding band. Most men aren’t used to wearing jewelry, ya know. They go swimming in the ocean, and BAM! A new ring is ordered.” Knowing that Hubby had never worn jewelry before, I was a little anxious about this, but I knew he was also very responsible and would not lose his ring.

I was excited to see him finally coming out of the water to join me in the sand, when I saw the look on his face. I immediately thought of the ring, but just knew he didn’t lose it.

“My ring....I.....” Hubby was fumbling over his words.

My jaw dropped and I started for the water, like I would ever find it in the lake. Then I heard from behind me, “Just kidding! I put it in my pocket to see your reaction!” This was when Hubby had a threat to have his ring taken away from him. (Just kidding... sort of.) So, when I said that picture is of us relaxing...... well, let’s just say there were a few non-relaxing moments prior to that photograph.

Obviously, we ended up enjoying ourselves.

From Test

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments