Something That We Do

Love is something that we do!

5.21.2013

32 Weeks

Hello!  First off, I need to say that this week's post contains a video.  If you read this blog through email, it will be best if you open up the blog in a web browser (loveissomethingthatwedo.blogspot.com) so that you can view the video.

Now, on to the weekly update.  And boy do we have a lot to update!

This little baby.... I swear he knows when he's being watched.  He does all kinds of flips and turns, making my stomach move like CRAZY.  I always carefully get Carl's attention (no fast movements or shouting- I don't want to interrupt the acrobat in my tummy) and by the time Carl looks over, he sees my perfectly STILL belly.  Seriously, little dude.  Let daddy see you do your flips and turns!  Carl has seen him several times, but there are just sometimes that I think this little boy is going to jump right out of my stomach.  He will move so dramatically that I feel like I was the one that just jumped, not him.  I think FOR SURE everyone around me can see what just happened, but nope, just me.  Carl and I have decided that our baby is like this little guy from Warner Brothers.  
His agent (me) keeps trying to get others to see the talent of his performance... but soon as others lay eyes on him, he is still and content (ribbit.).  I've even had several times where I am video-chatting with my mom and I say "Look, he's moving a ton!" And soon as I bring her attention to him, he holds still.  Seriously. 

In other news, we are 32 weeks this week.  I'm beginning to get a little anxious because I feel like we aren't nearly prepared enough... we don't have even have the car seat to bring him home from the hospital!  If I had it my way, the car seat would be installed, my hospital bag packed, and the nursery complete.  Unfortunately, these things take time.  We will order the car seat in a week or two, and I'll probably start slowly putting together a hospital bag so I don't forget anything.  I told Carl, even if we were able to bring him home, my poor baby doesn't even have sheets yet! But that will come.  Things are slowly trickling into our home, making it more baby friendly each week.

This past week, we received some amazing gifts from family members.  My Aunt Karla, Uncle Gene, and family sent this gorgeous cradle for our sweet boy to sleep in.
Untitled
Untitled
We assembled it downstairs and then moved it into our bedroom upstairs.  I absolutely love the timelessness of this cradle, and how classic it looks.  I can't wait to get bedding for it!  It will be perfect!  And, just for scale, here are the fur babies in the cradle.
Untitled

Also this week, we received gifts from my Aunt Donna, Uncle Scott, and family!  They sent us the diaper bag for our sweet boy (which I love more in person than I did online- I can't wait to use it!) and a sling for our baby boy to be carried in!  I love the idea of having him close to me, nestled up against me like he has been inside of me for the past nine months.  I'm hoping he will enjoy it as well.  I tried the sling out with my fur-babies and both of them liked it.  Belle liked it a little bit TOO much... so she won't be going back in it so as to avoid confusion (read: jealousy of baby).  The sling disperses the weight of the baby (or fur baby) around my entire back so it honestly doesn't feel like I'm holding ANYTHING!  I thought it would be like wearing a backpack in the front, and I would feel the weight, but I don't feel a thing.  Here are some shots of the fur-babies in the sling.  Notice how Belle is so cozy she can't stop yawning.

"I like being this close to you, momma."

Untitled
Untitled

Belle loves her momma!
Untitled

Kisses!

Untitled

"This sling is pretty cozy, momma!"

Untitled

"I could just.... go..to..sleep....."

Untitled

Sugar also got in on the sling action...although she sat in it differently...
Untitled
 Untitled
Thank you for sending us such special gifts.
You guys are so thoughtful!

As far as new pregnancy symptoms go, I haven't really had any "new" ones.  My belly is getting a little sore these days, with all the kicks coming from within and having less padding of amniotic fluid and having more baby instead.  I have had to use the restroom about a bajillion times a day, though.  The other day, I ran past Carl to get to the bathroom and he responded "Again?! You're in there all the time!".... How do you think I feel, hun?  Haha!

I'll wrap up this weekly post with 2 belly bump photos.  32 weeks as of last Saturday.  Less than 8 weeks to go.  Oh boy, oh boy!
Untitled
Untitled

1 comments:

Is it possible to get bruises on your stomach due to the baby kicking? The cradle is really nice- was it hand-made? I would think for the first few days/weeks I would want to sleep with the baby and put one of those gate things that slip under the mattress so the kid cant roll off the side (usually for when the kid is out of the crib stage). But I did get 911 calls about the baby being rolled over on in the night.. but Sasha always sleeps with us and we've never had that problem. Oh, I just want to fast forward your blog by 3 months to see baby pictures!! =)
 

Post a Comment

Comments