Something That We Do

Love is something that we do!

4.24.2013

28 Weeks

Good morning!  We are now in our 28th week of pregnancy!  I'm kicking myself right now because I have been seeing all these little surveys pop up around online and I haven't used a single one to document this pregnancy!  I don't ever want to forget this 9 (okay, it's actually 10) month journey!

At 28 weeks, nothing TOO exciting has been happening around here... but pregnancy in itself is exciting, so I'm not complaining! I'm going to do this little survey to help me remember these weeks, and I will either do the same one or a variation of it each week (or, I'll try to, at least!) along with sharing all of the usual tidbits with you guys.  Here we go!

How Far Along? 28 weeks, 4 days
Size of the Wee One? The size of an eggplant!
Maternity Clothes? Definitely!  Maternity pants are the most comfortable thing ever made.  I might be a little sad going back to regular jeans post baby-weight!  I wear maternity shirts too, for the most part, since they are long enough to cover my belly...but I also regularly wear jersey knit tanks from Old Navy (super stretchy)! 
Weight Gain? Yep!  What, you want a number?  Okay, okay, about 20 pounds.  Still throwing up, but gaining weight, so that is a blessing!  And the 20 is after losing 10 from being sick in the first trimester.
Stretch Marks? Nope!  Thanks momma for the good genes!
Gender? Boy in blue! 
Sleep? Since I'm still up using the bathroom several times a night, I get pretty darn tired during the day and end up falling asleep for a mid afternoon nap on an almost daily basis.  I've had little bouts of insomnia this week where I just lay there in bed at 3am (purely exhausted, constantly yawning) unable to sleep. 
Cravings? I haven't had "cravings" where I beg Carl to rush out at 2am like some women have, but I do have certain foods that I really really want at certain times.  Mainly chalupas from Taco Bell.  Last night I REALLY wanted a snow cone.
What I Miss? Over-easy style eggs... I miss the runny yolks so much!  And feta cheese!  Oh man!  I can't have either of these throughout the pregnancy and it's been tough because feta was part of my daily diet!
Symptoms? Braxton hicks contractions, nausea (still! but it's better than the first trimester!), exhaustion, mood swings (although they are better than before), and I'm hot... constantly.  From someone who used to be freezing all the time, this is a big change for me!
Belly Button? Still an innie!
Best Moment? Feeling him kick and move (that feeling NEVER gets old), and Carl feeling him kick too!  Carl can lightly touch my tummy and feel baby kicking away, and I absolutely LOVE it.  A couple nights ago we were watching a show and a scary part came on so I scooted in close to Carl and he put his arm around me.  My stomach was touching his side and he could feel baby kicking him!  These are the moments I treasure most and I will surely miss once baby arrives!

I can't believe that in about 12 weeks, baby will be here!  So exciting!  Here's the bump last Saturday at 28 weeks exactly.
28 weeks

1 comments:

I really like this post. I love the basic information you give to commonly asked questions. Be sure to remind me in a few years to do one too! Is this shirt you're wearing one from Old Navy that you mentioned? I don't know how I'll survive pregnancy (aside from just sleeping for 40 weeks). I already take naps almost every day without being pregnant!
 

Post a Comment

Comments