Something That We Do

Love is something that we do!

7.18.2012

My First Quilt

In December, I was gifted a sewing machine from my parents.  Immediately, I was consumed with all the ideas and projects that could come to fruition.  And man... pinterest?  Don't even get me started.  FULL of ideas.  Whew!

My first project was a somewhat lofty goal... but I didn't know what a good starting point was.  So, I set out in late January to begin my project.  I purchased a bunch of fabric, a few more much needed tools, and started sewing.  After a few months, some more fabric purchases, and much help from a sweet woman from church, I had a quilt.  A real, fabric filled, batting stuffed, binding sporting, quilt. 

It now resides in my mom and dad's house.  Want to see?
Pardon Belle's bones in the upper left of the picture.

q5

q6
 
q7
Of course, when it was laid on the floor for some photos, Belle thought I put it there for her.
Go for it, little Belle.



q8
q9
And here's the back side of it (which Belle also approves of).
q10
q11
I'm really happy with how it turned out. Now on to the next project!

1 comments:

And you got some creative angles there. Yay! I especially like the low angle of the quilt, plus the first two of Belle sleeping - super cute. You wouldn't dare shove her off with that sweet face! Wonderful job on the quilt & I love that it's double sided! One project I was meaning to do was (now I cant even think of what its called), but got distracted with growing plants for a while a few months ago.
 

Post a Comment

Comments